Work at YMCA Camp Benson
At YMCA Camp Benson we truly believe that summer camp can make the world a better place. Our summer camp staff play an integral part in making this belief a reality. Each year YMCA Camp Benson hires the best role models for our overnight summer camp programs. YCB staff members create a community of acceptance and growth all while helping build stronger campers. We are now accepting applications for overnight summer camp staff and we hope that you will consider joining our team this summer!
- All summer positions require living on site at Camp Benson. All staff members live in camper cabins during employment. (Room and Board are included in the staffing agreement at no charge to you).
- Dates of employment are June 3 – August 12, 2017.
- All staff are expected to model the values of caring, honesty, respect, inclusiveness and responsibility and to commit themselves to strengthening themselves and others in spirit, mind, and body.
- We require a sincere interest in youth and the ability to work with others in a group effort.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are required for all positions. We offer training if you have not already been trained.
- All jobs require applicants to be of college age unless otherwise stated.
Application becomes available online in January each year. Interviews are conducted based on qualified applicants. Positions are filled first come first serve with qualified applicants completing the application and interview process.
Positions we hire for include:
Live in cabins with 8-11 youth. Guide them to develop and grow. Participate with campers in activity areas. Be a positive role model, sincere, and enjoy spending time with youth and in the outdoors. Great experience for those considering careers working with children.
Plan and lead adventure-based summer camp activities and evening programs. Provide support to the cabin counselors while living in camper cabins. Have the opportunity to help young people develop confidence and build new skills.
Still on the fence?
Are you not yet convinced that working at YMCA Camp Benson this summer is for you? Check out these great articles below about how working at an overnight summer camp can help you professionally and benefit you personally.