Keeping Camp Affordable
WHY THREE PRICES
YMCA Camp Benson wants the camp experience to be available to everyone. Below are some ways that can help make camp fit any budget.
- Why Three Prices? Camp Benson has a voluntary tiered pricing system for our summer camp programs allowing families to choose the price that works best for them. Naming your price requires no paperwork and in no way influences the experience your child will receive at camp.
- What are the prices? Price A accounts for true costs, including wear & tear and facility/program improvements. Price B is a partially subsidized rate for families that could use a little help and Price C is a more heavily subsidized rate, and does not reflect the true cost of operating camp.
- How do I select my price? This program is voluntary, requires no paper work and in no way influences the experience children receive. Simply choose the rate that is appropriate for your family.
- How are the rates subsidized? We are able to offer subsidized rates by generous contributions of many donors, alumni, staff and friends, and by the support of the Sterling-Rock Falls Family YMCA, the association to which Camp Benson belongs.
- Is more assistance available? If your need is greater please do not hesitate to apply to our Financial Assistance program which provides scholarships off of Price C. Applications for assistance will be made available through your camp account beginning May 1, 2017 with submission being accepted after that.
Every child deserves a camp experience. Just one summer at camp can positively influence a child’s life forever. Our confidential Financial Assistance Program allows numerous children, who would otherwise not be able to attend, to experience all that YMCA Camp Benson has to offer.
Applications for assistance will be made available on our website beginning May 1, 2017, with submission being accepted after that.
ANNUAL CANDY BAR FUNDRAISER
Camp Benson has partnered with the Great American Candy Company to help get children to summer camp. This is not a mandatory fundraiser. Here are some important things to know about the popular Candy Bar Fundraiser.
- Boxes of candy bars can be picked up from the front desk of the Sterling-Rock Falls Family YMCA starting on Sunday, March 5 at 1:00 PM.
- Your camper or campers must be registered with the $50 deposit paid in order to check out a box of candy bars. Register online by clicking on the link below.
- Each box contains 50 chocolate candy bars: 25 caramel bars, 10 krunch bars, 10 almond bars and 5 dark chocolate bars.
- Families are not allowed to have more than 4 boxes of candy bars checked out a time. Once a box is completely paid off you will be able to check another one out.
- Candy bars are to be sold for $1.00 a piece. This is a fundraiser, so $0.50 from each sale goes to the Great American Candy company to pay for the candy bar and the other $0.50 goes towards camper fees.
- When you check out a box of candy bars, a charge of $25/box will be applied to your camper account. This represents the actual cost of a box of candy bars and will be paid off when you bring back the money raised from selling a box candy bars. This helps us keep track of how many boxes of candy bars a family has in their possession.The other $25 will go towards the cost of camp.